EPDM Roofing Solutions in Michigan
If you’re looking for EPDM roofing solutions for your commercial or industrial property, Quality Roofing Inc. in Whitmore Lake, MI has you covered. Our dedicated team has worked on distribution hubs, warehouses, schools, prisons, hospitals, and airports across the country, delivering comprehensive roofing services for more than 20 years. Our company culture is built on innovation, trust, and compassion. When you need reliable roofing solutions, big or small, make Quality Roofing Inc. your first and best choice.
What is EPDM Roofing?
EPDM, also known as ethylene propylene diene terpolymer, is an extremely durable synthetic roofing membrane made primarily of oil and natural gas. EPDM is a very popular flat roofing option across the world, as it is one of the least expensive types of roofing on the market today. This rubber roofing typically comes in traditional black or a reflective white and is sold in a large variety of widths and thicknesses. With superior durability and flexibility, EPDM totes an exceptionally long life-span when installed and maintained correctly. If you’re currently in the market for new roofing, we urge you to consider EPDM for the best option in affordability, energy savings, and for reducing your building’s carbon footprint.
What Are the Benefits of EPDM Roofing?
The benefits of EPDM are plenty, which explains why this specific type of rubber roofing accounts for more than one billion square feet of new roofing in just the U.S. alone every year. Our highly-skilled team at Quality Roofing Inc. has successfully installed hundreds of millions of square feet of EPDM roofing and can say first-hand that this solution offers many advantages. The benefits of EPDM roofing include the following:
- Resists thermal shock and hail damage
- Remains flexible and will not shatter in frigid temperatures
- Superior in its ability to withstand UV damage
- Accommodates structural movement without stress to the membrane
- Will not deteriorate over time
- Comes in sheets up to 50-feet wide
- Offers one of the best dollar-for-dollar value in low-slope installations
- Great for any climate
- Very lightweight, putting minimal to no stress on your building
- Since there are no seams, leaks are relatively rare
- Can be ballasted with stone or other materials for aesthetic reasons
- No open flames, asphalt, or heavy machinery required for installation
- Since it has been around for over 50 years, it has a proven performance record and quality control process
- Uses less energy to manufacture and install than most flat roofing systems
- This rubber roofing option is recyclable
Professional EPDM Installation
EPDM roofing can be installed or attached in three different ways: adhered, mechanically fastened, or ballasted. Each installation method is useful in its own right, though each method has its own benefits and uses. For example:
- A fully adhered system ensures that the rubber roof will be glued to the surface beneath it. This form of installation is typically more time consuming, though it is also the longest lasting.
- The most typical EPDM installation is the mechanically attached method, where fasteners are screwed onto the deck.
- Ballasted systems are loose-laid over the installation and held in place by flat stones or concrete pavers.
No matter which installation process is carried out, the seasoned professionals at Quality Roofing Inc. have what it takes to determine what type of EPDM installation is right for your commercial building. For example, black EPDM is recommended for northern climates, as it reduces condensation. While white EPDM is advised for southern climates because its UV resistance helps reduce cooling costs for your commercial building. Don’t rely on just any roofing company to take on a project as serious as roofing your building. Trust our team of experts to keep your building watertight, you and your employees protected, and your customers satisfied with your reliable services and workspace.
Call on Quality Roofing Inc. for EPDM Roofing Solutions
Chances are, you’ve seen some of our roofing work while driving through Michigan and beyond, as we take on projects no matter the place, size, type, or time. Having worked in the industry for so many years, our crew have become masters at implementing fast and efficient roofing strategies that are always done right the first time. When you need EPDM rubber roofing solutions for your commercial or industrial building, you know who to call! Contact us today for more information on our roofing services.